The Karval Community Alliance Board of Directors met with community members on October 22, 2008. The meeting was brought to order by Board Chairman, Carl Stogsdill at 7:00 P.M.

The minutes of the last meeting were approved as read, with one correction. It should have read: “Dan Merewether talked to Ansehetz about the campground”, not Anhauser/Busch.

Treasurer’s report was given.

Tammy Thornton brought a sample of the updated brochures. She will call The Burlington Record to see what they would charge to print them for us.

Frances Maskus will work on the photo contest rules, etc. and bring to the next meeting.

Tammy Thornton will update the display board to take to different meetings.

Carl Stogsdill has been in contact with the Small Step Grant/Colorado Arts Council and he will submit the application.

Pat Vice said that she and Carl Stogsdill worked on the 501c3 application. She also stated that she had attended a Ports to Plains conference. She also visited a cattle processing plant while she was there. She also stated that she had e-mailed I-Cast today to see if they can take us through the process – feasibility, etc – whether it be for the packing plant or whatever else we would like to do. She will let us know when she hears form them and have them come to one of our meetings.

Katie Merewether gave her FFA report. She said that the first step is to purchase the binoculars and scopes. Shari Logan made motion to pay the cost of these. Aloha Wolf seconded the motion and the motion carried. Katie said that she has been working on brochures and she will then give us a wish list later. Mr. Jaggers has contacted a couple of schools that re interested in coming. The tours would start in the spring.

Carl Stogsdill said that he is meeting with Farmers Union Co-op on November 7th if anyone wants to go with him.

Frances Maskus sent out e-mails and letters to those who have not paid their renewals. She suggested we send reminder letters to everyone before renewal time in January 2009.

It was decided that we need to bring our In-Kind donation slips to every meeting. Dan Merewether agreed to collect the data from them.

Web site updates – Mark Carling stated that his wife, Mags, indicated that she would be interested in doing updates. They will contact Eric Hilton to make sure it is okay for them to go ahead with this.

Halloween Carnival – Betty Bailey said that the booths have already been planned. We will do the same thing we did last year.

Christmas Lighting Contest – It was decided that we would have an “all you can eat” chili supper and tour on December 13th, with dinner between the hours of 5 and 6 P.M. and the tour would begin at 6:30 p.m. The cost will be: Ages 2 and under and over 80 would be free. For children under j10 years of age, the cost would be $4.00, and all others $6.00.

Carl Stogsdill brought several LED Christmas light strings to see if we would be interested in selling for a fundraiser. They cost us $3.00. Shari Logan made motion that we sell them for $8.00 a box. Betty Bailey seconded the motion and the motion carried.

Our next meeting will be November 13, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. with refreshments served. Meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Letha Clark, Secretary

Additional information